Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Re-entering the dating pool

Every once in a while, I like to dust myself off, pretty myself up, and attempt to re-enter the dating game. Last time I did this, I ended up on a date with someone who told me that he was a Nazi in his past life. Needless to say, there was no date #2.

Enter match.com.

I uploaded a couple pictures of me, typed up a witty and pithy assessment of myself and my life and actually PAID for the membership. To take it a step further, I even promised my friend Susan that I would either wink at or email one guy a week.

Enter "the player".

He winked at me, I sat on it for a couple days, decided life is not lived without a little risk, and sent him an email. He immediately emailed me back and told me to hit him up on his phone. This, to me, just screams "player". So, why am I subjecting myself to this? He's cute, plain and simple and I am a total sucker for the cuteness. I know I am setting myself up for disaster, but what's life without a little mayhem.

Stay tuned for tales from the dating world.

2 comments:

  1. Play on, player.

    I am proud of you for getting back out there. Hopefully there will be a few guys who are worthy of the awesomeness that is AM. Regardless, I hope you meet cool people and have some fun. Because you are gorgeous and deserve fun. And cookies. You also deserve cookies.

    ReplyDelete