Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Li Hing Mui

How do I love thee, let me count the ways.

When I lived in Hawaii, I developed a love for some of the finer things in life.

Hurricane popcorn
Kua Aina burgers on the North Shore
Mini loco moco at L & L Drive in
Kaka'ako Kitchen
and all things li hing mui

Most of those, sadly, can not be replaced here on the mainland, but Rickey's mom, bless her, sends Rickey care packages from Hawaii all the time. Sometimes she throws in things I just can't live without. This care package it was li hing mui dried cherries. SO good. Ridiculously good. I am now sick from eating approximately half the bag. Sweet, salty, sour, an explosion of awesomeness in your mouth. I can only hope that the next care package contains the nectar of the Gods known as li hing mui gummy bears. I cherish the thought!!

We finally eased up on the hurricane popcorn, we had about 12 packages (hurricane and typhoon both) and we got pretty popcorned out. Again though, popcorn, butter, salt, nori, and mochi crunch. Really. Mainland movie theaters have NO idea how to serve popcorn. At all.

2 comments:

  1. In this case, ignorance is bliss. That looks really good, it's probably better that I don't know how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete