Thursday, May 6, 2010

Breaking up is hard to do...

Actually, when you're breaking up for all the right reasons it's not as hard is it might have been.

No, I didn't fabricate a boyfriend and break up with him for the sake of this blog post, I am still happily single.

What I did do, however, is give my cat away. It's been a long time coming. I thought I would be sad, but to be honest, I really wasn't. The woman I gave him to came recommended by a vet tech at one of the local hospitals and I ended up spending about 2 hours at her house talking to her and looking at old family photos. I am going to check in with her later today and then check in with her again on Saturday to see how things are going, but I am confident this is in everyone's best interests, especially his.

So now I am a single pet household and I think I am okay with that.

5 comments:

  1. First, your blog is looking beautiful. I love this new layout.

    Second, I don't know how I missed this at Creepy (did I miss this?) but what a difficult decision for you to have to make! I know this was the right choice but I can't imagine how much it took for you to have to make it.

    Also, I really like you a whole lot, even when you call me a kiss ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't miss it at Creepy. I didn't post it there, I was waiting to make sure it was going to work out with the woman that took him. Then I will say something.

    I like this layout too!! Kudos to Leelou for having such pretty layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Farewell chairman Mao!

    Some pets are adaptable and they do fine in new homes. Foots is like that but Vinnie is a different story. I love all of our pets but a one pet household sounds really nice right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope he does fine, I was going to call her today, but I think I will wait and call her tomorrow. Give them more time and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this was a hard decision for you & how long it took you to arrive at it. He will do fine & be happy.

    As will you & miss Millie.

    ReplyDelete