Monday, May 10, 2010

I am a coward

I admit it.

The woman I gave my cat to called me last night, I deliberately didn't take the call for fear she is calling to give back the cat.

I am that pathetic.

I can't avoid her forever though, that's not cool, so I am calling her back this afternoon. Maybe. Kidding, definitely. In the interim, just in case she is calling to tell me Mao is still under the bed and this isn't working, I have downloaded a bunch of stuff on cats in new homes and how long it can take them to adapt. I feel bad, since I don't want her to be unhappy, but on the flipside, I don't want me to be unhappy either. So, there we are.

One of my iris bloomed, I have no idea which one it is. I assumed it would be Catchy Name (creamy yellow standards, lavender falls) since it is a very prolific bloomer, but clearly, this is not Catchy Name.
This is cool, whilst (love that word) wandering through someone's website looking at iris pictures trying to id above iris (should have kept the list that came with the box from Mom and Dad), I came across this -

$ 4.00 SATAN'S MISTRESS - SELIGMANN, 1983, 28, E-M, -, TB Red black; dark red black B.

Gus Seligmann was my grandfather, and Satan's Mistress (which is a gorgeous iris) was created by my brother. So, too cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment