Thursday, April 29, 2010

Time to decompress

Life has been a wee bit stressful recently. Nothing I can't handle, but it does creep up and get me sometimes. Last weekend was the open house for my condo. Now, I live a pretty neat life, but living a neat life and having an open house ready condo are two very different things. So, last weekend, I worked ridiculously hard getting my condo to open house readiness, then had the open house, then had a 14 hour day on Monday, and I just am not bouncing back.

My shoulders ache, I am exhausted, I can't get to the gym, I just come home and collapse. So, this is not where I need/want to be.

Tomorrow, therefore, is officially Decompression Day. I plan to sleep in, take Millie to the store to pick out a new toy celebrating her status as an AKC registered pooch, and then nap. I canceled my Saturday morning plans, so I can take it easy on Saturday too. Saturday night, I am going to see a concert in Berkeley with some friends and on Sunday, I have a card making class. Then Monday, I will be bright eyed and bushy tailed once more.

On the bright side, Saturday while I was preparing for the open house some people stopped by unexpectedly to see the condo. Of course, it was in pre-open house disarray, but they loved it and made an offer. I have accepted the offer and it is now up to the bank to agree. Fingers crossed!!

4 comments:

  1. I could talk about how you are SO BRAVE and SO STRONG but I really am amazed by your strength and grace throughout everything with your condo. You've made hard decisions and you've moved forward with your head up. I'm just so sad it has to come to this.

    You deserve some rest and some happy times. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and keeping my fingers crossed for the bank to approve your potential buyers.

    Also, if I had any bugs, I'd give them to you. Or something. Schmoopy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sometimes it's hard to resist the urge to punch things and yell "it's not fair!" Which while fun isn't really effective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I wasn't trying to say that you have no right to feel upset or like this isn't fair, because you do. I would be upset...I would feel like it's unfair. It's just that what you're going through made me think of times where something has happened to me that I didn't think was fair, and as a Christian, I relate those things in my life back to how much God has loved us. That's all I was getting at. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way, because after reading it a few times, I was beginning to see how it might seem different than I meant.

    I hope your buyers get approved!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no no, I took no issue with your post. I thought it was well written and insightful. If I had issue with it, I am not the kind of person where you wouldn't know it. :)

    ReplyDelete