Friday, April 9, 2010

Things that suck and things that are awesome.

Things that suck. I am losing my condo. I have shed more than my fair share of tears over this. When I bought this condo, I had a vision for it. The first year, I would replace all the blinds, the second year, new flooring throughout. The third year I would redo my bathroom and the big culmination would be the fourth year and would be a kitchen redo, complete with new cabinets. Yet, here I sit, year 4, with the sale documents in front of me and a hole in my heart. It's not even my fault. I bought a condo I could afford in a neighborhood far FAR from work because that's what I could afford. What I couldn't know, what no one could know, was how bad the market would plunge after I bought it. I bought for 300k. My condo is now on the market for 128k. I hope someone can see in it what I saw and love it like I did. I hope the short sale goes through and BoA allows it. I don't want this to drag on for a year, I want to get over this and move on.

Things that don't suck. My friends, my family, and my little dog, Millie. Everywhere I live, I have had friends, and of course my online friends are with me always, but somehow, here in SF, I have Friends. Friends who would do anything for me, true friends, real friends. I got a text message from my friend Jacie yesterday, somehow she thought I was moving this weekend and wanted to know what I needed, did I need help packing, did I need her to take Millie for me so I could get moved. My friend Kristin has somehow become my life coach and personal trainer. My friend Susan is my cheerleader, my dating coach, and my shoulder to cry on. I know none of them read my blog since I don't advertise it, but there is my shout out to them. Thanks guys.

And because she is the center of my universe -




No comments:

Post a Comment