Monday, April 26, 2010

Of sociopaths and me

I had my first run in with real crazy people. And not like homeless crazy people, these are supposed mainstream types.

Anyway, Saturday morning, I went to my local Starbucks drive thru to get coffee. HUGE line, I thought what the hell and went ahead and pulled in. I order my coffee, then pulled up and called my Mom. I am all chatting away and I feel my car move, I said to my Mom, I think the people behind me just hit me. Then BOOM they hit me again. I get off the phone and get out of the car, make sure there is no damage and say STOP HITTING MY CAR. Something I feel is a reasonable request. She ROLLS HER EYES AT ME. I am floored.

Get back in my car, pull away from them, and like 5 minutes later, BOOM, they hit my ****ing car AGAIN.

I am like are you kidding me??I get out of the car again and I say seriously, what the **** is your problem, STOP HITTING MY GOD DAMN CAR.

Now, these aren't kids. This is a woman in her 60s and her, apparently psychotic, 90yo mother.

The old woman start mimicking me being mad and starts flapping her arms. That's when I realize, these people not sane. Seriously, like Deliverance not sane.

WHO DOES THAT.****ing psychotic sociopaths.

Anyway.

Got my coffee and left.Made it to my hair appointment and regaled my hairdresser with tales of the crazies.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you didn't punch them both in the face. Seriously. They are insane. Why were they hitting your car? Did they think you needed to go faster?

    I know, I'm trying to understand the crazy. You kept your composure very well, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I contemplated taking it further, calling the cops, etc., but we were in the drive thru line and really, there was no damage. The thought of inconveniencing everyone else over the crazies just wasn't worth it, plus the thought of sitting with the crazies while waiting for the cops wasn't too appealing either. So I just cut my losses and left.

    ReplyDelete