Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The one with "stuff"

Laurie and I watch Hoarders together. If you haven't seen Hoarders, it's a sad, scary, eye opening look at how disgusting people can be. And what's sad, is that this hoarding can be seen in the young children in these families. They cry when asked to throw away school projects, that throwing away the project is tantamount to throwing away the effort.

When I was a kid, I was a big ol' slob. My sister and I shared rooms at some of the houses we lived in and my mom would hang Department of Health notices on the doors and threaten us with bodily harm if we didn't clean up. We grew out of this, her more than me. My place is still clean, but it can get cluttered. I live with the clutter for a little while, then I snap and go on a throwing away and cleaning frenzy. She keeps her house (4 kids, 2 dogs, 1 husband) spotless. It's awe inspiring.

Which leads us to today. We're doing construction at the office, building a new evidence room and property room. Since I have one of the only 2 doors that currently lock, my office is filled with evidence. 1 elephant skin, 1 giraffe skull and skin, 1 hippo skin, 5 capiz shell lanterns, 33 cartons of snake wine and other Asian meds, flattened fish boxes, ehrus and pool cues, PLUS all of MY office stuff - shelves, locker, desk, chair, aquarium, etc. For SIX MORE WEEKS.


I am not going to make it. I already had a mini meltdown this morning and shredded a bunch of paperwork. I don't know what else I can throw out, but I am going to have to find something. Maybe I can just take the next six weeks off. Please????

2 comments:

  1. I'll take the Birkin bag that's in the evidence room & um, hold onto it for you until you need it. It's the least I can do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting another one today. It's a Birkin Party!!

    ReplyDelete