Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blue Cross/Blue Shield strikes again

So, in July, when I was planning my outpatient procedure, I called BCBS and said, I am having blah blah blah done. Is it covered? She says, yes. Nothing more, just an unequivocal yes. Imagine my surprise, when today, I get an explanation of benefits saying I owe $500 for the procedure. Nice.

I call BCBS and I say, I am sorry, there must be some mistake. I called you people and YOU told me this was covered. And she says, oh it is, but you have to pay 15%. I say, ok, but I CALLED YOU PEOPLE and YOU told me it was covered. She says, yes, but in the benefit book, it explains all this and you have to pay 15%. Ok, but I CALLED YOU PEOPLE and YOU told me it was covered, so, if in reality, only 85% is covered, then perhaps you might have wanted to explain that to me instead of just telling me it was all covered.

It irritates the everliving crap out of me, that I go the extra mile, I call in advance, I cover all my bases and STILL BCBS finds a way to stick it to me in the end.

Ugh.

Maybe it's time for me to find a new insurance company.

You hear that Blue Cross Blue Shield???? Thanks for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment