Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day

How many people, I always wonder, take the time to treat Memorial Day with the respect it deserves. We always go to all the cemetaries in town and place flags and flowers on the graves of those who have gone before. Does it mean more to us because we are a military family and we understand the price soldiers pay? Or does everyone understand how important it is? I don't know.

This year I will not be going home for the holiday so I will miss out on the flowers, flags, and stories. The stories are the best part. Remembering, laughing, crying, and laughing some more.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe holiday weekend.

My love and thanks to:

Uncle Jerry, died 1997, Col. USAF Retired
Grandaddy, died 1984, Col. USA Retired

And to every other soldier who served for our country, my thanks, gratitude, and undying appreciation.

Hoorah.

No comments:

Post a Comment