Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wow, midMarch already...

I have been in a funk. A big, ol' fat funk. I am fat. Yesterday, a friend of mine who is a big girl, referred to the two of us as big girls. That took me aback. I have never thought of myself as a big girl. I workout (did, anyway), eat right (still do for the most part), and keep active. It stopped me in my tracks when she said that. And I realized how much weight I have gained and how fat I really am. And wow, am I one not happy camper about this. I have been wallowing and in my wallowing have not been going to the gym and have been indulging in foods that I would normally only consider a weekend treat.

That 20 pounds that I wanted to lose 2 months ago (or whenever it was I posted my to do list) is now 25 pounds. And while, yeah, it's only 5 pounds, it's five pounds when I already needed to lose alot more than 5 pounds.

The gloves are off, bitches and it's on.

I am starting walking at lunch TODAY, not tomorrow, TODAY.

I am firing up the Wii TODAY, not tomorrow, TODAY.

I am eating right.

I am not drinking Dr. Pepper whenever I want.

I am getting active again and taking my life back.

I do not want to be a big girl (if you're a big girl and don't care, then that's fine for you, not me).

I am joining a new gym this week.

I will lose this weight.

I will get fit.

I will not be a big girl.

I will be me again and that is what really matters.

4 comments:

  1. Get it, girl!

    Or, you know, yay for you! You walked today!

    Heart you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the immortal words of Rob Schneider in The Water Boy--"YOU CAN DO EEEEET!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is almost exactly what I said to myself in December! I was in the same situation...worst year of my life....easier to eat ice cream that go to the gym...so eat ice cream I did!!! And when I looked at the scale that say, I was floored! I had never weighed so much...and when I looked up my BMI, I was obese! So I started back to the gym the next day!!

    Four months later and I've lost about 35 pounds so far! It came off easily at first but strangely no one really noticed until I hit that 30 pound mark. I'm trying to reward myself with cute new clothes and not cheesecake! :)

    Hang in there and I hope it's going well for you! I hope your waist gets small and your butt is only as big as you want it to be! You seem to have the right attitude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, SG!!! That is awesome!!! The weight is starting to come off and I am so thrilled about that! Dang, 35 pounds is incredible!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete